Internships & Fellowships
The Institute for Human Centered Design builds from Adaptive Environments’ long history in Boston and its role as an international leader in Universal Design. We are bringing together designers and manufacturers with diverse users, students and the general public to experience the excitement of working toward socially sustainable design.
The Institute is seeking volunteers and interns to be a part of our vision and invigorating environment.
Interns and volunteers are needed to help launch our showroom within the Institute for Human Centered Design. They will educate clients about the Institute’s vision and expanding collection of products. An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self-directed and possess a willingness to learn about universally designed products and environments.
All Intern candidates must:
- be passionate about design and how it influences peoples’ lives
- demonstrate a willingness to build client relationships
- educate themselves and others about showroom products
- possess organizational and communication skills in a retail environment
- be prepared to be in an environment that promotes individual abilities and endeavors, offers an extensive network of clients and associates, and supports collaboration towards a shared vision!
Please email inquiries to Willa Crolius.
In additions to its extensive internship program, IHCD also welcomes occasional Visiting Fellows that range from doctoral candidates and post-docs in design and related fields, including both practitioners and academics. IHCD works with prospective Visiting Fellows to secure funding. Fellowship periods range from three months to two years. The daily schedule includes integration into a variety of IHCD projects, research and initiatives in development. IHCD also supports Visiting Fellows to publish, present and build international connections.