We are pleased to share that Berkeley College of Environmental Design is hosting a free day-long symposium entitled, Conversations on Social Justice and Design, on Friday, April 1, which will address social justice, with a specific focus in universal design. This event features an incredible selection of speakers, many of whom are well-known in the design space and our growing IHCD community.
The lineup of speakers includes a keynote talk by Christopher Downey, inaugural Lifchez Professor of Practice in Social Justice, along with the following speakers:
- Darren Walker President, Ford Foundation
- Maddy Burke-Vigeland Principal, Gensler
- Jeffrey Mansfield Principal, MASS Design Group
- Elaine Ostroff Co-Founder, Institute for Human Centered Design
- Valerie Fletcher Executive Director, Institute for Human Centered Design
- Victor Pineda Chairman, Pineda Fndn/World Enabled
- Susan Schweik Professor of English, UC Berkeley
- Carol Christ Chancellor, UC Berkeley
More Event Details
When: Friday, April 1 from 10:00am to 3:00pm PST
Where: 112 Bauer Wurster Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Accessibility: Live captioning will be provided at this event. If you require additional accommodations or information about campus mobility access features, please contact Jennifer Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much advance notice as possible."
Reception: There will be a reception following the event at 3pm PST. If you have food sensitivities or restrictions, please email email@example.com.
Registration: Registration for this free event is encouraged using the following Eventbrite link below.
**Please note this event will not be livestreamed, but you can still sign-up for the symposium even if you are unable to attend in person. You will receive a notification when the captioned video is available to view.