Braille Me is a new refreshable braille reader from Innovision, in India. Through their groundbreaking new technology, using magnetic force to power the braille display, the Braille Me has slashed costs, while keeping a high quality display. This device has 20-cell, 6-dot refreshable braille and a braille keyboard. The braille display had routing buttons below, as well as page navigation buttons to the left and right.
Files can be accessed by an SD card for reading, editing and searching. You can also rename and delete files from the device. The editor supports .TXT, .BRF, and .BRL files.
The Braille Me can Bluetooth with your smartphone or tablets (iOS or Android) and it can USB connect to a computer with an NVDA screen reader for a seamless braille and audio experience.
- 6-dot, 20-cell display
- Cursor routing keys
- 6 key, Perkins style keyboard
- Micro USB, SD card slot (up to 32gb), DC jack
- Can connect via USB or Bluetooth to iOS and Android
- Supports up to 50+ languages, and 5 languages per device
- Read files of any size in .txt, .brf, and .brl format
- Create/Edit files up to 100kb, cut/copy/paste/undo, and save files as a braille or text file
- Compatible with screen readers BrailleBack, Voiceover, and NVDA
- Battery charges in 1hr and charge can last for up to 12hrs
- Heavy duty vinyl carrying case included
- Under 1.3lbs (580g)
- 7.4in x 5.4in x 1.14in (W x D x H)
- One year limited warranty, parts and labor (download full warranty here)
Originally posted on the National Braille Press website.